Historical Sites

Directory of Sites

Cedar Hill Schoolhouse

Home of the Bethlehem Historical Association. The Cedar Hill Schoolhouse was built in 1859. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. 

Exhibit Space and Archives of the Ravena-Coeymans Historical Society

The Ravena-Coeymans Historical Society's Exhibit Space and archives are located on the second floor of the Ravena Municipal Building.

Exhibit Space of the Berne Historical Society

The Exhibit Spaces for the Berne Historical Society are located in the Berne Town Hall on the second floor. Previously a boarding house, each room displays antiques, artifacts, and objects that relate to the history of the Town of Berne.

Exhibit Spaces of the New Scotland Historical Society

Present Exhibit

1915: Life in the Town of New Scotland 

The New Scotland Museum’s new exhibit celebrates 100 years of the Voorheesville Public Library, and also chronicles life in the town during the years 1915-1920. A large banner that once hung in the Red Men hall, donated by Earl MacIntosh, greets every visitor. The Red Men were a very active association in the town, and the history of this organization is depicted in photos and medals. Photos and literature are on display showing the history of the Voorheesville Methodist Church, celebrating its 200th year this year. The diorama built by Robert Shedd is displayed, depicting Voorheesville in 1920, plus many more objects, articles of clothing, photos and literature are on display.

King’s Place

The offices and exhibit space of the Albany County Historical Association are located at King's Place, a restored historic building located about a block from the Ten Broeck Mansion.

29 King’s Place
Albany, NY 12210

M.B. Earl Store

The Society Clarksville Historical Society is currently restoring the M.B. Earl Store at 2074 Delaware Turnpike, Clarksville, NY, 12401.

Mynderse-Frederick House

The Mynderse-Frederick House was built in 1802 by Nicholas Mynderse, a merchant from Schenectady, who operated an inn and a tavern. In 1803, Nicholas Mynderse was elected the first supervisor for the newly-formed town of Guilderland, which was previously part of Watervliet.

Mynderse served as Town Supervisor for one year. He died in the 1820s and the Guilderland Center property was purchased by Michael Frederick, a descendent of one of the area's early settlers. The house was used as a tavern until 1900 and remained a private family residence until 1940.

Saddlemire Homestead

The Saddlemire Homestead was built in 1885 by William C. Crary. In 1973, the Town of Knox purchased the property. It is currently a museum and a venue for programming and tours for the Knox Historical Society.

To take a virtual tour of the Knox Historical Society collection at the Saddlemire Homestead Museum, click HERE.

Ten Broeck Mansion

The Ten Broeck Mansion was built in 1797-98 for General Abraham Ten Broeck and his wife, Elizabeth Van Rensselaer, after a fire destroyed their previous Albany home.