Mynderse-Frederick House

Mynderse-Frederick House

The Mynderse-Frederick House was built in 1802 by Nicholas Mynderse, a merchant from Schenectady, who operated an inn and a tavern. In 1803, Nicholas Mynderse was elected the first supervisor for the newly-formed town of Guilderland, which was previously part of Watervliet.

Mynderse served as Town Supervisor for one year. He died in the 1820s and the Guilderland Center property was purchased by Michael Frederick, a descendent of one of the area's early settlers. The house was used as a tavern until 1900 and remained a private family residence until 1940.

Guilderland Historical Society and Guilderland Garden Club

Google Map

Our Location

Website

Our Website

More Information

  • Guilderland Historical Society
    Box 282
    Guilderland Center, NY 12085

    Mynderse-Frederick Homestead
    451 Route 146
    Guilderland Center, NY 12085

    Email:
    guilderlandhistoricalsociety@gmail.com

  • Hours information has not been entered.

Top