Guilderland Historical Society and Guilderland Garden Club

Guilderland Historical Society and Guilderland Garden Club

Guilderland Historical SocietyThe Mynderse-Frederick House was built in 1802 by Nicholas Mynderse, a merchant from Schenectady, who operated an inn and a tavern. In 1803, Nicholas Mynderse was elected the first supervisor for the newly-formed town of Guilderland, which was previously part of Watervliet. Mynderse served as Town Supervisor for one year. He died in the 1820s and the Guilderland Center property was purchased by Michael Frederick, a descendent of one of the area's early settlers. The house was used as a tavern until 1900 and remained a private family residence until 1940. 

During the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries the house was enlarged and updated. It reflected the changing needs and tastes of the Frederick family. During the 1960s, many of the later additions were removed in an effort to return the house to its original appearance.

In 1974, the house was donated to the Town of Guilderland for use as a museum and for the headquarters of the Guilderland Historical Society.

Google Map

Our Location


Our Website

Related Historical Sites

Contact Information

  • Guilderland Historical Society
    Box 282
    Guilderland Center, NY 12085

    Mynderse-Frederick Homestead
    451 Route 146
    Guilderland Center, NY 12085


  • Hours information has not been entered.