Documents from the Bethlehem Historical Association, Mathusa’s Blacksmith Shop

Documents from the Bethlehem Historical Association, Mathusa’s Blacksmith Shop

The following documents help tell the story of the transition from carriages to automobiles, including a receipt from a blacksmith's shop for horse hooves to a man who later became a driver/chauffeur of an automobile.

The first image shows Andrew J. Earl's chauffeur's license from 1915 - there are two images, front and back.

The second is a bill of sale from 1909 from Frank Mathusa's blacksmith shop.

The third is a 1909 bill of sale from Frank Mathusa's blacksmith shop and Andrew Earl's 1915 chauffeur's license.

Top