The Albany County History Collaborative (ACHC) is a coalition of leadership representing all eleven chartered Albany County historical societies. We intend to share resources and develop joint programming to bring Albany history alive for a diverse audience.
The Albany County Historical Association (ACHA) developed the Collaborative website in consultation with partnering historical societies. We expect the Collaborative website to give the historical societies of Albany County a greater online presence, to highlight our specific programs, and to show how each historical society contributes to our shared mission of promoting local history and historic preservation in Albany County.
We hope that as the Collaborative develops, it will expand to include additional partners. If you have questions about the Collaborative or want to know how you can contribute to its success, please contact us.
The following historical societies are members of the Albany County History Collaborative:
- Albany County Historical Association
- Bethlehem Historical Association
- Bern Historical Society
- Clarksville Historical Society
- Historical Society of the Town of Colonie
- Guilderland Historical Society
- Knox Historical Society
- New Scotland Historical Association
- Ravena-Coeymans Historical Society
- Spindle City Historic Society
- Watervliet Historical Society
Sponsored in part by the
Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area